Did you mean: 
Neo12
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

DOWNLOADING GAMES ONTO PC

HP Recommended
HP ALL IN ONE PC

Hey, I know very little about computers so need some advice please. My son wants to download games on our PC for gaming( It's not a gaming PC). Is it just a coincidence or can this damage the PC. Since he's downloaded games it's making a very loud noise. Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,767 33,659 3,067 7,546
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Neo12 

Downloading ANYTHING onto a PC puts it at risk -- as you are risking viruses and all kinds of malware downloading from places you do not know.

An All-on-One PC is basically a HUGE laptop with external keyboard and mouse -- and, as you already guessed, is NOT a gaming PC.

It will struggle to run any games you download, but like a laptop, this will drive up the demands on the processor and the graphics chip, causing both to get hot and running the fan very loudly.  While it will not probably damage the PC, it's not what the PC was designed to do and you do risk it crashing in thermal shutdowns doing this.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation