Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-2000a (2Z6C9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I purchased the above computer  a few days ago not realizing it did not have a CD/DVD Writer installed. I am trying to purchase a DVD write that will fit in the chassis. I would appreciate if some of the team could offer me a model number that will fit in my new computer. So far HP tech support sent me searching. Still I want to purchase the correct component that will fit in the chassis.

Thanks in advance for information.

[Personal Information Removed]

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Brcar,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

If you are interested in getting the original OEM HP Optical drive, that would be HP p/n: L76886-001 "Optical Drive - ASSY, ODD w/bezel_latch, Holmes". It so happens that HP has this part in stock: HP PartSurfer, as seen here:

NonSequitur777_0-1654292151336.png

Please note that according to HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2032 PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support, the original desktop configuration was not fitted with an optical drive, quote: "Optical drive not included".

[EDIT:] Another option would be to use an external USB 3.x optical drive connected to one of your front panel "USB 3.2 Gen 3 Type-A ports (10 Gbps data transfer)" OR "USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports (5 Gbps data transfer)" (not sure what your particular desktop is fitted with) ports, such as this example: External CD Drive Type C USB 3.0 Portable CD DVD +/-RW Drive Slim DVD/CD ROM Rewriter Burner Writer ....

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I am mostly interested in a Sata CD/DVD Writer drive that would normally be installed in the TP-2032>

HP Recommended

@Brcar,

I do understand, I have been looking.  Please appreciate that finding information for an HP SATA CD/DVD W/R-compatible drive for your TP01-2032 desktop is difficult to find. -I am not even 100% sure if the optical drive part number I provided earlier (L76886-001) will fit because HP specs are, well, MIA.  Please be advised that several HP sources I was able to locate did recommend using an external drive though, such as here:

NonSequitur777_0-1654297988411.png

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@Brcar,

All right, looked into the subject matter some more after dinner.  And this is what I think you are dealing with -please verify and provide feedback.

Your TP01-2032 has currently this front bezel attached, where the DVD-Writer outline/cover is visible, but removable:

NonSequitur777_0-1654316054131.png

The DVD-Writer+ bezel/latch combo you are asking for is what I indicated in my first response: HP p/n: L76886-001 "Optical Drive - ASSY, ODD w/bezel_latch, Holmes".

They are apparently difficult to get a hold of.  I didn't see any discounted units on eBay or sites like it.  The only places I found that have this DVD-Writer in stock and for sale is HP (https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=l76886-001) for $94.25, or you can get it via Impact Computers: L76886-001 - Hewlett-packard (HP) - Optical Drive - ODD With Bezel Latch, Holmes | Impact Computers for $98.99.

Conclusion: if I were you, I would get the much cheaper and likely faster/more advanced USB 3.x external optical drive unit: External CD Drive Type C USB 3.0 Portable CD DVD +/-RW Drive Slim DVD/CD ROM Rewriter Burner Writer ....

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help NonSequitur777.

I went forward and purchased a portable External CD/DVD 3.0 USN Drive.

HP Recommended

@Brcar,

You are quite welcome -glad I could be of assistance.

If you don't mind, please indicate my solution as an "Accepted Solution".

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.