Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DVD player will read/write but I cannot boot the computer with it, e.g. repair disk does not work.

All-in-One 24 f0046
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a All-in-One 24.  I created a repair disc and tried booting with it but does not work, just boots as normal.  I tried pressing F12 while booting and it shows 2 media sources IPV4 and IPV6 but won't boot from either even though it states media detected.  If after starting the computer I put the disc in the drive I can see the files, so it is being read.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,473 107,654 17,059 26,115
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DVD player will read/write but I cannot boot the computer with it, e.g. repair disk does not work.

Hi:

You may have to change the settings in the BIOS so you can boot from the DVD drive.

See this link for the settings to change...this applies to HP PC's that came with W8 or newer.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03659945

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation