Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion P651f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The hard drive on my Pavilion P6510f died.  I would like to replace it with a new SSD drive along with installing a new copy of Windows 10.  (The PC originally came with Windows 7).  In order to use Windows 10 on this PC the DirectX Version has to be # 9 or higher and the driver model needs to be WDDM 1.0 or higher.  I’m unable to run the PC anymore because of the dead hard drive.  Does HP have this information available for this model (Pavilion P6510f) or where else can I find it.  In addition, where are these located - in the BIOS or on the original hard drive ? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@USERNINETY
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) is the graphics driver which interfaces for the Directx. The DirectX built into Windows 10 is compatible with DirectX 9, 10 and 11.

• Are you using retailer version of windows OS?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.