Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello,

HP Support Page recognizes my device as a Desktop HP Pavilion Elite m9050.pt-a
But when I try to open de Driver Pack indicated by the site it does not open
Meanwhile I read somewhere else that drivers for old HP pcs where removed from HP site (unfair)
Where can I get the official driver pack (including BIOS updates) for my pc?
Win7 32

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retires support for all consumer class desktop and notebook PC's that have reached 10 years of age.

That is why you can't find any drivers from HP for your PC.

This reputable 3rd party website has the drivers you need for your model PC:

HP Pavilion Elite m9050.pt-a Bundle drivers (driverscollection.com)

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retires support for all consumer class desktop and notebook PC's that have reached 10 years of age.

That is why you can't find any drivers from HP for your PC.

This reputable 3rd party website has the drivers you need for your model PC:

HP Pavilion Elite m9050.pt-a Bundle drivers (driverscollection.com)

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul.
Do you think the available Vista drivers will work fine with Win7 ?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, the Vista drivers should work fine.

You may have to manually install some drivers such as the graphics if you get an unsupported operating system error when you go to install them.

If you need help with that, please let me know.

HP Recommended

Thank you

This is an OS already installed.
I am trying to fix what it seems to be a driver or hardware problem often causing bsod, system not loading, etc
Since I was not able to identify it I'm getting all the drivers as much correct and updated as possible.

(a little offtopic: I thought I had solve the problem by replacing a drained cmos bat and starting using onboard graphic card instead of a 8500gt with weird vertical lines on screen... the pc got better but not completelly.. It has been hard to test this issue bc it happens randomly.... I may reboot the pc 20 times and all goes fine, but in the next reboot I get fainted letters right on initial diagnostic screen or bios, and OS not loading even on safemode stopping at classpnp.sys and sometimes bsod REFERENCE_BY_POINTER , ACPI_BIOS_ERROR and BAD_POOL_HEADER)

Now I've just updated some chipset drivers using those you gave me but when extracting from exe and manually updating them I was not sure if I updated all the related hardware itens under "system devices"  (I extracted 8 inf files but only found and updated 5  itens)

Now I'm waiting and rebooting to see if the issue is permanently gone.

There are Microsoft drivers installed which are newer than the official ones.
Would you replace them by the official older ones?

Meanwhile I used CCleaner driver updater just to check their suggestion and the 4 Intel drivers in the image look important.
Would you accept CC's suggestion at least on those? (they probably are Intel official..)

drivers cc.png

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I can give you a slightly newer W7 32 bit chipset driver from HP:

9.2.0.1015:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50888.exe 

I think it would be safe to install the Nvidia Virtual audio device from your screenshot.

HP Recommended

Do you know what model Intel graphics adapter your PC has or your PC's motherboard model?

I'm thinking your PC has either an Intel series 3 or series 4 chipset and if you know that info, I can probably find an updated W7 Intel graphics driver from HP.

I cannot find any specifications for your PC online.

HP Recommended

Thank you
Nice..That one is newer, official and with compatible .exe

Let me ask you a non official opinion on this 🙂
Since this issue starts right on diagnostic screen or when entering bios, with fainting letters before the OS is loaded, could this indicate that the cause is cmos/bios or hardware and not any OS driver?

(I didnt find specs online either.. let me say that some ppl may think that Im having too much work with an ancient pc but this was a beast 15 years ago and still capable today for a normal user.. I bet it would run win10 64bits 😁)

2022-07-04_222727.png2022-07-04_223212.png2022-07-04_223024.png2022-07-04_223105.png

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Thanks for the screenshot indicating what chipset your PC has.

I think this Windows 7 32-bit Intel graphics driver will work for you...if it is newer than what is installed now.

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows 7* (exe)

Yes, it is possible that there is a hardware error of some kind.

It could be a faulty memory chip and those are hard to diagnose unless your PC has more than one memory chip you can run it with while you remove the others to see if the problem goes away.

Regarding W10 64 bit:

Your PC should be able to run W10 64 bit just fine with the hardware it has, but I would do a two-step approach to upgrading to W10.

First get the free upgrade from W7 32 bit to W10 32 bit by clicking on the blue Update Now button at the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Then after you confirm that W10 is activated with a digital license, you can play around in W10 and see how it works on your PC.

If you are happy with it, then you can clean install W10 64 bit by making 64-bit installation media with the Media creation tool from the link above (2nd option).

You will need a PC running a 64-bit operating system to create the 64-bit installation media with.

Then you can clean install W10 64 bit.

You will be asked what version of W10 you want to install.   

I assume W10 Home if your PC has W7 Home Premium installed.

Then you will be asked to enter a product key.

Select the 'I don't have a product key' option, and W10 will install and automatically activate after you are connected to the internet.

There may be some devices that don't work on W10 if your PC had state of the art hardware in 2008 such as built in Wi-Fi or a TV tuner.

But the standard devices should work on W10.

I have a dc7800 CMT with the Intel Q35 chipset and it ran W10 just fine.

I installed W11 on it and it also works fine in W11 too, but you have to use a trick to bypass the W11 hardware checks, because the PC is not supported by Microsoft for W11.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul for all the kind help

I think its the same one 8.15.10.1930.. its updated then

It has 4 memory chips.. its the only hardware I didnt removed yet for testing.. Im gonna test it if the issue appears again, althought memory test runs fine at initial diagnostic screen

I have a win10 64 install media from another pc and have been thinking about a dual boot on this Pavilion Elite
(yeah it has tons of hardware .. even lighscribe, besides quality constrution and modern looks) 
Its a shame if the 8500gt graphic is really faulty but its a far better scenario than if it turns to be a faulty motherboard (praying) 

Anyway I will come here later to post some conclusions

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.