cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • ×
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

    Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

    Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

  • post a message
  • ×
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

    Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

    Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

  • post a message
Highlighted
New member
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
208
Flag Post

Desktop Windows Manager High GPU useage

HP Recommended
Omen Oblisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a Omen Obelisk and i have search forums all over and i have found similar issues but none the same and tried all of the stuff that they recommended still isnt working.  Desktop Manager starts at the 1-3% and eventually hits 40% GPU usage.

I am a streamer, my game takes about 30% and OBS 30%, all the other odds and ends take the rest.  Once the process (Desktop Window Manager) hits 30% it starts to drop frames from the stream, and when it hits 40% the whole computer hard freezes and i have to manually restart it.  i have run several anti virius, cleaned the pc physically and software wise, all new drivers and HP Support Assistant, i am at a loss.   I have tried lowering the settings of my stream and game, it makes no difference.  Everyone tells me this computer should easy handle this game and stream.  What am i missing? Thanks for your time.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,366 10,367 443 695
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Strouss Welcome to HP Community!

 

Please provide the correct product number.

 

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

 

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

 

HTTP://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 


Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 


Have a great day!

 

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
New member
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ended up fixing it.  I had to reload all of the software, deleting the partitions and even some of the bios.  Some how i had corrupted bios amd systems files.  It took 14 hours to figured ot out bit we got it done! Now it runs better then it dis out of the box, thanks to my amazing brother!  

 

Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,366 10,367 443 695
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Strouss

 

Thank you for the update.

 

In the future, if you have any other concerns.

 

Please get back to us. We will assist you.

 

Have a nice day!!

Reply
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation