Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Desktop M01-F0027na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Will my new desktop computer support sterio or 5;1 quadraphonic audio? HP Desktop M01-F0027na

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Stravaigin , welcome to the Community.

Here is the Motherboard Specifications page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-desktop-pc-m01-f0000a/38096274/model/37719665/document/c0641...

If you look at the section titled "Audio/Integrated" it states that you have 5.1 surround sound, additional hardware is required to use 5.1 surround sound.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Stravaigin , welcome to the Community.

Here is the Motherboard Specifications page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-desktop-pc-m01-f0000a/38096274/model/37719665/document/c0641...

If you look at the section titled "Audio/Integrated" it states that you have 5.1 surround sound, additional hardware is required to use 5.1 surround sound.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for your help. Can you tell me what is "the additional hardware " that is required? I have an existing Dell 5.1 quadraphonic speaker system with a jackplug which does not appear to fit any socket on my new HP computer. Stewart.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Stravaigin!

@Stravaigin wrote:

Hi, Thanks for your help. Can you tell me what is "the additional hardware " that is required? I have an existing Dell 5.1 quadraphonic speaker system with a jackplug which does not appear to fit any socket on my new HP computer. Stewart.

The additional hardware would be either speakers (Dell 5.1 quadraphonic speaker system} or possibly a headset.  You may have to buy an adapter for the plug to fit the port.  This is the difficulty using older hardware with new computers.

HP Recommended

Hi Old_Geekster, These two replies are very helpful and should help me get my speaker system up-and-running again. Thanks again, Stewart.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Stravaigin!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.