Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I can tell you that I use a microsoft wireless mouse, so thats not my problem. Although, as I said before, I have not tried everything you have so I may have to look over some of your previous trys to eliminate them as possibilities. I hate using you as a guinea pig but if you decide to reinstall windows and it works I will give it a try myself. Thanks for the update.

HP Recommended

@EBJ693 wrote:

I can tell you that I use a microsoft wireless mouse, so thats not my problem. Although, as I said before, I have not tried everything you have so I may have to look over some of your previous trys to eliminate them as possibilities. I hate using you as a guinea pig but if you decide to reinstall windows and it works I will give it a try myself. Thanks for the update.

I did uninstall the Logitech Setpoint software and attempted another upgrade but it failed.  I'm not that confident disconnecting the min USB receiver, uninstalling Logitech Setpoint and using another mouse/keyboard combination will be the fix but I'm going to puruse it anyway.  As for a fresh install, I'm a 100% confident that will work as I've done that in the past with other PCs.  However, that's a reset button since it formats the hard drive and re-installs Windows.  It requires you to back all your documents/etc up and re-install all applications which is a PITA.  I'm not a fan as it's a lot of work to get things back to the way you like it.  I really wish the Win10 failure told me more about why it fails.  You'd think there be some type of log you could submit to the powers to be that could at least point me in the right direction.  I actually have a spare hard drive here I could dedicate to testing the fresh install.  It's not the SSD I have installed currently but I could certainly install Win10 1607 on it and boot the PC as a test.  

HP Recommended

EBJ693, I have the same problem. My HP wil not complete the installiation. However, my much older Dell had no problem with the 1607 update.  Like you I have tried everything I can fine online to try to complete the installation. No Luck.

So, I guess I can say, a lesson learned. This will be my first and last H-P. Getting rid of this thing and going back to Dell.

HP Recommended

I haven't tried the one thing that I'm pretty certain will solve this problem and that is completely reinstalling Window 10.  The downside is that I will have to reinstall all of my software and attempt to reconfigure my computer the way it is now, from scratch. This computer was purchased not that long ago and I bought with the idea that it would be future proof. For a guy my age that's probably 20 years max, so as far as I'm concerned I'm stuck with it. Good luck with yours, I hope the new Dell exceeds expectations.

HP Recommended

Any update?

Did reinstalling Windows work for you?

HP Recommended

Yes, but I didn't start the process until about two weeks ago and I still haven't completely restored my computer to the state it was in before I started the reset. But I am now the owner of a fully updated Windows 10 operating system.  

HP Recommended

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.