Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23-g040xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I’ve been trying to factory reset the all-in-one all afternoon. Using the all three methods, upon reboot I’m told there was a problem and no changes were made. I F11 to the restore manager and try from there.  Everything appears to go swimmingly until I get a pop-up that and error has occurred. It gives me the choice to retry and view the log.  There is also a cmd window in the background saying something about the drive.  When I try to retry, the curtain appears with Administrator but fails to start. I loop back to the same restore manager screen with an error.  What do I do to fix this? My kid needs this computer for school.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi
First:- Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds.

Then - Leave only keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all externally connected
devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.
Rinse and Repeat; Re-Connect the AC adapter.

NOW begin checking/testing/proving the Hardware is fit for purpose.
Power on your PC, press ESC (repeatedly), then F2 at the prompt.
Choose System Tests (Fast Test does a 4 minute hardware check).

HP Recommended

Hi, @Miso907 

If the above steps don't resolve the issue, I recommend that you reinstall W10 by using the Media creation tool at the link below to create a bootable W10 USB installation flash drive.   Select the W10 64 bit installation media.  Your PC came from HP with a 64 bit operating system.

You will need to have access to another working Windows PC, and an 8 GB USB flash drive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you had previously upgraded the PC to W10 from and older operating system, and you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option and W10 will install and automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

You can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-23-g000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/65...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.