Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 810-230qe CTO Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently "upgraded" from Windows 7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. After the change, Windows no longer recognizes any Bluetooth hardware on the machine. I frequently used bluetooth before on Windows 7 so I know it worked just fine. 

I have spent hours trying everything on the internet bu I cannot find any bluetooth drivers and the Windows 10 Bluetooth helper just gives me the message: "Device does not have Bluetooth". 

I have already tried installing the Broadcom Bluetooth driver off of the HP website to no avail. 

Any help getting by bluetooth back would be much appreciated! 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your PC have, and is there a Bluetooth device manager category showing up in the device manager?

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, 

There is no Bluetooth option in the Device Manager. Also, none of the devices under the "Network Adapters" tab say Bluetooth. (I checked the "Show hidden devices" option under the view tab)

Attached is an image of the network cards I have installed according to Intel's system identification tool.

Networking.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi:

That is very strange indeed.

I have the same model Intel model wifi/Bluetooth adapter and it works fine on W10.

Since your PC has the Intel wifi/Bluetooth adapter, you would need to use the Intel Bluetooth driver, but I doubt that will install, until you can get a Bluetooth device manager category to show up.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28622/Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Intel-Wireless-7260-Fam...

Go ahead and run the driver and see what happens.

If that doesn't get the BT to work, then make a bootable Ubuntu installer from the link below.

https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Boot from the Ubuntu installer, and select the option to 'Try Ubuntu Without Installing.'

Then see if you can turn on the Bluetooth adapter in Ubuntu.

If you can, shut down the PC, remove the Ubuntu installer, turn the PC back on, and the Bluetooth should be working.

If that doesn't work either, unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.