Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-c0000 (2W0J7AV)
Other

i got a new windows 11 in S mode - I don't have any mcafee or extra protection, should I buy some? also I am getting a device settings warning on my security shield icon which is yellow, when I click I see core isolation - it wants me to change settings but I don't know how or why? could you help please?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Woodfairy 

I have been getting this error on many W11 PCs after recent windows updates.

I have ignored or dismissed the error. Open Core Isolation in Windows Security. Dismiss or ignore the error.

Installing third party protection is up to you. I use third party primary malware protection as a personal choice. Also have Windows Security (WS) periodically run a quick scan.

WS has a very good cloud function that works well for known malware and zero day attacks. WS does not seem to do so good preventing ransomware infections.

A multi layered defense approach has been working for me.

Windows Security does a good job. It's not perfect. But what is perfect on this planet?

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you Bill, your help is very much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.