Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 70-230qe-COT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 700-230qe with an MSI MS-7826 or Kaili motherboard. I am using Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19041, build 19041. I want to disable the on-board, integrated sound controller so I can use a Creative Soundblaster Z. The problem I have is when I go into the BIOS to disable the on-board sound, there is no option to do that. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

You may have to install the card, and then the onboard audio setting may show up.

I had the same issue on some older HP business class desktop PC's.

There is no onboard audio setting in the BIOS until after you install a video card with HDMI, or an audio card.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately that didn't work either.  I installed the card but still no option in the BIOS setup to disable the on-board sound controller.  Also, no sound as you might guess.  I tried to install the Creative Soundblaster software while the card was installed but it said it could not find any supported devices and would not load. Thanks for the effort.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that didn't work like it did for my PC's.

I have no idea what else you can try.

Is the PCIe x 1 slot security set to have the slots enabled?

I'm just grasping at straws here...

HP Recommended

install the card then go into device manager and enable the card and set it to default and restart then run the software.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.