MarkhamG
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Disabling integrated sound controller on MS-7826, Kaili motherboard

HP Recommended
HP Envy 70-230qe-COT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 700-230qe with an MSI MS-7826 or Kaili motherboard. I am using Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19041, build 19041. I want to disable the on-board, integrated sound controller so I can use a Creative Soundblaster Z. The problem I have is when I go into the BIOS to disable the on-board sound, there is no option to do that. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,462 122,639 20,170 30,947
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You may have to install the card, and then the onboard audio setting may show up.

I had the same issue on some older HP business class desktop PC's.

There is no onboard audio setting in the BIOS until after you install a video card with HDMI, or an audio card.

MarkhamG
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately that didn't work either.  I installed the card but still no option in the BIOS setup to disable the on-board sound controller.  Also, no sound as you might guess.  I tried to install the Creative Soundblaster software while the card was installed but it said it could not find any supported devices and would not load. Thanks for the effort.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,462 122,639 20,170 30,947
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that didn't work like it did for my PC's.

I have no idea what else you can try.

Is the PCIe x 1 slot security set to have the slots enabled?

I'm just grasping at straws here...

0 Kudos
GamingOptional
Level 5
231 224 16 39
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

install the card then go into device manager and enable the card and set it to default and restart then run the software.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation