Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After calls to support and getting nowhere, I remembered that this model had a supplemental cache on the Motherboard which is a small circuit board held on by two small screws. Basically this is a type of SSD disk drive. It is designed to speed up access but many hybrid disk drives now include the same type of function directily on the disk. I removed the small circuit board and the problem went away. It made no difference in performance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
You are a GENIUS!!!! I was on the phone with HP support giving them my credit card to charge me to do absolutely nothing.
Then I found your post. I removed the SanDisk SSD drive and like MAGIC my system booted right up....just like nothing had happen....
Thank You so much....for figuring this annoying HP issue out.
You ROCk!!!!
HP Recommended

OK....me too!!

After hours of research, figured it out.  My 16GB tiny mSATA SSD drive mounted on the motherboard had failed.  this SSD acts as a cache to speed up boots, launching applications and other activities it "remembers" you have done before.  It is NOT the boot disc.  I tried to save it with MiniTool's Partition Wizard to no avail...so I opened up the case, took out one screw and removed the SSD.

Now everything works perfectly.  Windows 10 boots up and loads all required apps in under 2 minutes.  That 's fine with me.

HP Recommended

Have tried to replace the tiny mSATA SSD drive with a replacement, and if so how did you format it?

HP Recommended

I'd say, mtron, that you shouldn't worry about replacing it.  I've long since forgotten about mine that I removed and did not replace.  In fact, I've replaced my main Hard Drive with a 500GB SSD.  Holy Crap!  PC boots up in less than 20 seconds and all applications load and display nearly instaneously.  That little mSATA is a useless relic.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the resolution, this solved the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.