Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP-All-In-One-24-dp0180
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all!  This is my first post here and I am so happy to have found this community.

I am facing quite the issue regarding my version of windows 10.  I purchased this computer in August 2020 specifically for work.  I work within a virtual desktop using Citrix software.  My computer was behaving completely normally until two weeks ago when I received a VirtualBox error.  I had IT from work remote into my computer but could not solve the issue.  They stated that it was not my computer; however the OS version that I have is no longer supported by Citrix and I had to downgrade to version 1903.

I have had quite the time trying to even find the IOS image for this.  I have talked to everyone from Microsoft, Citrix, HP, etc.  I have been getting mixed reactions to this.  For the most part, I hear that downgrading my OS will essentially prevent me from running windows update in the future...which makes sense.  I have also been told that I should wait for Citrix to find a solution but my work is insisting that I do this downgrade or else I can no longer work.

Has anyone had this particular experience (with downgrading OS to previous version) and would you please share how you dealt with this?  I am totally lost and completely frustrated.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You would have to clean install an older build of W10, and I don't know if you will be able to find the drivers you need or even if they will work on an older build of W10 than what you have now.

In any event, if you want to give it a try...

Below is the link to the W10 64 bit build 1903 English ISO file download.

https://software-download.microsoft.com/pr/Win10_1903_V2_English_x64.iso?t=aa68054d-41f4-4450-b40f-5...

The link will be good for 24 hours from the time of this reply.

Use the Microsoft tool that I zipped up and attached below that you will need to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive so that it is bootable.

Here is the link to the support page for your PC's model series.

HP All-in-One PC 24-dp0000wi Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

I do not see an Intel graphics driver listed but you may be able to manually install the one directly from Intel.

HP Recommended

@Etrem 

I know it's YOUR PC ... but personally, I would advise strongly against your doing that.

Why?  Read this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/announcements/windows-10-1903-end-of-servicing

If this PC is then connected to the Internet, it is only a matter of time before it becomes infected, since MS has now stopped producing even security updates for that OS version.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your response.  I actually had a call with HP Smart Friend yesterday and they fixed my issue.

The issue was that 3D acceleration was not enabled for the Virtual Desktop.

The technician installed the latest version of Intel Iris Plus Graphics Drivers.

After a reset, GPU drivers were set and Virtual Desktop was able to load without any errors.

Once again, Thank you for your kind reply.  I am glad to be a part of this community.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your response.  I actually had a call with HP Smart Friend yesterday and they fixed my issue.

The issue was that 3D acceleration was not enabled for the Virtual Desktop.

The technician installed the latest version of Intel Iris Plus Graphics Drivers.

It's interesting that you mentioned an Intel graphics driver considering that is what the issue was.  

Thanks for your expertise. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad that you were able to resolve the problem without having to install an older build of W10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.