Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HPTouchSmart 520PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I am having problems downloading from a SDHC card.    In the past all I had to do was insert the card and the pictures were downloaded.   I'm now getting a pop-up on lower left corner of my screen that simply says SDHC.    I'm lost as to what to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Under "Computer", right-click your digital camera (that icon you mentioned), and then click "Import pictures and videos".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Upon the detection of a "removable" device, Windows can do a few different things.

For example, insert a CD-ROM, and it will ask "open to view files", or "play music".

In fact, Windows can be set to "automatically" do one of those choices.

So, I think that, in the past, you had told Windows to automatically run some software to upload the pictures.

But, that "default" seems to have been "lost".

If you double-click that 'SDHC', does Windows pop-up a menu of choices?

Is there a check-box to "automatically use my choice each time" ?

If you open 'Computer', do you see a list of devices, e.g., 'C:' for your disk-drive, 'D:' for your CD/DVD,

and maybe 'E:' is associated with the SDHC device?  Double-click on 'E:', and see what happens.

HP Recommended

No......nothing happens when I double click the SDHC    When I double clicked on the "E" that you are referring to under "computer" a long green line lit up along the top of the screen beginning on the left.    When it reach theright side of the screen and was completed nothing changed.

There is also a section in that "computer" section that says SCHC.    Should I be doing something with that perhaps?

HP Recommended

> When I double clicked on the "E" that you are referring to under "computer" a long green line lit up along the top of the screen beginning on the left.    When it reached the right side of the screen and was completed nothing changed.

That green bar progressed across the screen as the anti-virus software scanned all the files on the removable device.

When nothing changed, that's a good sign that no computer-viruses were detected on the device.

That's not to say that there were no computer-viruses; it only says that none were detected.

(It's always a race between virus-authors and the anti-virus authors to keep the anti-virus software up to date.)

> There is also a section in that "computer" section that says SCHC.    Should I be doing something with that perhaps?

Double-click it, and see what happens. 

Have a fire-extinguisher at the ready, in case that the computer bursts into flames when you "click".   :-)))))  

Safety glasses, and Kevlar gloves, and a tin-foil hat, too.  :-))))

Remove all cats from the room before you "click" -- nothing worse than panic of a feline with ultra-sharp claws trying to go directly through you at Warp 9 speed to "abandon ship".  :-)))

HP Recommended

When I double click on it it simply tells me how much space is remaining on the card, etc.   It's still not downloading the pictures that haven't been downloaded as yet.     BTW......no black cats or explosives.......just a frustrated pastor who is ready to throw the computer through the window.    LOL

HP Recommended

Under "Computer", right-click your digital camera (that icon you mentioned), and then click "Import pictures and videos".

HP Recommended

Oh shoot......"Import pictures and videos" doesn't appear.   The only thing that appears is a listing with a heading that says "collapse".   And when I clicked again it was headed "expand".    There is nothing in the list that refers to pictures and videos. 

HP Recommended

Eureka........I was able to reach the prompt that you were referring to by clicking "open auto play" and that prompted me to the download.   Thanks ever so much.   You've  been most helpful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.