Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1439
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a factory reset HP Pavilion p7-1439 and the problem started when I couldn't get an audio driver detected on the system. When I open task manager and attempt to update audio driver it states that an update was found but couldn't update due to a device attatched to system not functioning. Troubleshooting tells me to restart to finish update but after 3 times of that nothing changes. PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to try this W10 IDT audio driver for newer model desktop PC's.

Restart the PC after installing the driver.

6.10.6504.0      July 03, 2015

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

The problem is that I cant install any drivers I download. I can download fine but applying the download wont work is the problem. Install wizard fails halfway through

HP Recommended

The only other thing that I know of you can try is this...

Go to the device manager.

Click to expand the sound video and game controllers device manager category.

Click on the IDT high def audio device listed there.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the audio driver I posted. 

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp71717.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked, and see if the driver installs that way.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

I will give it a shot but it's not just the audio driver that's not functioning, the AMDBus is too and a few other things as I go through. So I think theres something missing that's part of the software that's required in order to unpack drivers or install or something.

HP Recommended

Could be.

You may just want to clean install W10 and start fresh.

Make a bootable W10 USB installation flash drive with the media creation tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option, and W10 will install and automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from the support page, but use the W10 audio driver I posted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.