Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17.3 inch touch screen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How would I be able to delete a SSD I no longer have?  The SSD in question was erased and is now used as the bootable for a 2014 Mac Mini. Now the laptop is not only having issues opening certain games and items but when I open downloads it gives me the error “E:\Downloads is unavailable..” And when I try to reset the computer it then says “There was a problem resetting your PC”  Any fixes on how to reset the laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Tousterlad 

The way Win10 works, is that the partition containing the OS is lettered "C"automatically and additional partitions are lettered in the order that the OS sees them.  So, if you had three partitions on the SSD, the third one would have been "E, and most likely, the Recovery partition would have been "D".

Now that you are using a different drive, there may no longer be an "E" drive -- but since you have not gone into Windows or your Browsers to change the default Download location, the OS is still looking for that.  You have to make those changes to point to a different lettered drive for Downloads, now.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tousterlad 

The way Win10 works, is that the partition containing the OS is lettered "C"automatically and additional partitions are lettered in the order that the OS sees them.  So, if you had three partitions on the SSD, the third one would have been "E, and most likely, the Recovery partition would have been "D".

Now that you are using a different drive, there may no longer be an "E" drive -- but since you have not gone into Windows or your Browsers to change the default Download location, the OS is still looking for that.  You have to make those changes to point to a different lettered drive for Downloads, now.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.