Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G6 Desktop Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have just received a batch of these (brand new model) that I need to build with our SOE (Windows 10 x64) but it fails after the first reboot. The drive has been partitioned as a UEFI boot device, the wim file downloads and appears to apply successfully. After installing drivers it reboots and fails with a Windows stop code of INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. The Windows Recovery screen loads with various options including UEFI Firmware Settings. When I hit ESC to go there, it reboots again then eventually shuts down.

I've injected the driver pack into the boot image and also an Intel storage driver but I'm still getting the same error. I've also updated the firmware. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ka pai.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

When you power-on the computer, press the indicated key to view a list of the bootable devices. What happens if you select the new disk-drive, and boot from it?

HP Recommended

Are you referring to before or after the task sequence has partitioned the drive and the WIM has been copied from the network? If before then it boots to Windows without any issue. After, I get a blue screen with an error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. The device will not successfully boot to Windows at all after the failure. This lead me to investigate Optane technology which is now being included in a few HP corporate models. We have managed to find a workaround by specifically referencing the C: in the task sequence. There is a solution from HP outlining how to deploy Optane technology in a task sequence: https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06692694. I suspect the article is relatively new as my searches from a couple of weeks ago found no information such as this, but it appeared in my search results last week.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.