2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Elite 8300 CMT - Bios 3.08 - no boot with additional Ethernet card

HP Recommended
ELite 8300 CMT
Linux

Hey Guys,

I am trying to repurpose a couple of Elite 8300 units with the I5 processor as a home lab for running xcp-ng.

I have updated to the latest BIOS 3.08 as of August 2020.

THe systems run fine and install well - however whenever i try to add an additional Intel Dual port Gigabit ethernet card to them - they hang at boot. 

I have two identical systems (and 4 ethernet cards) so i do not believe it is an issue with faulty hardware.

I have tried hiding the onboard card - but makes no difference - the system sits at the initial POST screen and goes nowhere (but funnily enough is not hung as Numlock and Caps Lock both work - any ideas what else i could try to make these cards work ?

I assume as they have the same chipset as the onboard Intel NIC they are somehow clobbering each other ?

Craig

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation