Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 20-e014 (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Recently, I’ve been trying to fix my old PC that had an OOBEIDPS error. My only option was to perform a clean install. I got the program on my USB, and went to boot it in. After the boot, my computer screen went black. Now when I try to turn on my PC, the LED turns on for 1 second, then turns off, then turns on again. It keeps turning on & off. Help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Luciano7
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Completely resetting the computer can resolve many issues that cause a blank screen. Follow these steps to perform a hard reset:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.

3. Disconnect the AC power adapter.

4. Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds.

5. Reconnect the AC power adapter.

6. Turn on the computer.If the blank screen issue is resolved, you are done.

If the screen is still blank, then you need reinstall operating system using the same recovery image. 

Use the HP recoevry tool to create new recovery image. Download recovery media from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.