Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop - 260-p109 (X6G08AA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hard drive on my desktop die and I replaced it with a new drive.  I had to order the HP Recovery Media from HP and it only gave me the option for windows 10 64 bit for my computer; so I order as per HP. HP told me that it came with windows 7, but it was end of life and that is why windows 10 64 bit is listed.   

When I got the HP Recover Media (windows 10 64 bit) usb key and went to run it on my desktop (after replacing the drive with the new one) it failed and I got the following error message:

Get this message

This computer is not supported by the System Recovery Media

You will not be able to recover this system with these Media.

Error:

0130-ABA-ABL

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I only see Windows 10 as the factory operating system.

The HP recovery media should work.

Did you change any hardware? 

Only connect a mouse, keyboard, and monitor when running HP recovery media.

Regards

HP Recommended

The only hardware that was changed was the hard drive.  The factory hard drive die so I replaced it with a new one and it was the same size 2TB.

HP Recommended

Hi DerrickAA,

I would think the HP recovery media you have received from HP may be incompatible.

The same capacity replacement HDD (2TB) and only a mouse, keyboard, and monitor connected to the PC when doing a factory recovery should result in success.

Contact HP Support about this (Link).

You can install Windows 10 Home by downloading the media creation tool to a different PC (Link). Create the media. Then boot to the media on your PC to install Windows.

Do a custom installation. Your new HDD should only show unallocated space. Install W10 in the unallocated space.

Select "I don't have a product key" when prompted for this key.

You can get some additional HP software on a "as needed basis" at this site (Link).

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.