Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 870-157c DT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When trying to create a system Image - I receive an error 0xC0AA0301.

The Drive is HLDS DVDRW GUD0N with firmware SD03.  I've tried CD-R media which used to work on this system before.

Everything online I have seen so far refers to WIndows 7 or WIndows 8.  I've seen both registry hacks as well as firmware and driver updates, however cautious as these articles are old and archived (even on hp site)

I'm unable to reach support.hp.com I believe the site is down.

Is there any known fix for this DVDRW drive or system for the operating system I am using?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Originaldiode,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you tried using different DVD burning software?

I recommend you update Windows following the steps below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Update & Security.
  3. Click on Windows Update.
  4. Click the Check for updates button.
  5. Click the Restart Now button after the update has been downloaded on your device.

If you continue facing the issue, then I recommend you download and install Cyberlink power media from the below link and use this software to burn DVDs.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78286.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, however I need to be able to make a recovery CD - I don't think third party software will do this.

After the recovery CD failed - I tried burning a standard CD - and it said "Windows was unable to created CD" no error message, although I do think it is the same issue.

I'm installing the cyberlink software now and will report back.

HP Recommended

Also, I forgot to mention - my system is always up to date.  I'm on 1903 18362.239

HP Recommended

@Originaldiode,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Good day!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello - the Power Media Player link below only allows me to play DVD's not burn them.

Is there a burning application?

I am able to play audio and use data disks just fine - its the burning only that gives me an error.

The other issue is it looks like there is a firmware update for this  DVD RW drive - but when I try to run the executable in Windows 10 or in Safe more - it never launches correctly - session ends before any UI or screen comes up.

HP Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Eric

HP Recommended

@Originaldiode,

I recommend you use the Windows Media player and check.

Follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03453031

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but I cannot burn anything in any app.

HP Recommended

@Originaldiode,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose this issue as it looks like a hardware issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.