Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion gaming desktop 690-0073w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Every time i try to downgrade to windows 7 it bluescreens and says this error code: 0x00000007b. Can someone please help me? I would really like if someone helped me install windows 7 on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

You may be able to install W7 on that PC, but you won't find any drivers for it.

Your PC comes with a NVMe M.2 SSD, so Windows 7 is generating that code because it can't find the NVMe drive due to not having any NVMe controller drivers to install.

You get the same error code when you try to install Windows XP on a PC with a SATA AHCI controller.

The good news was that there were SATA AHCI controller drivers for XP up to the Intel 3rd gen core processors.

Here is a link to a Microsoft article about how to get W7 to recognize NVMe drives.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2990941/update-to-add-native-driver-support-in-nvm-express-...

It will be an interesting experiment but again...no W7 drivers for most of the hardware.

HP Recommended

Thank you! I will try doing it!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please let us know how it turns out.

HP Recommended

Sorry For Taking So Long. It Says Driver No Longer available, please help. Thanks!

Update: I downloaded the hotfix from another website I am going to try doing it.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I found this W7 NVMe storage driver on the Intel website.

I have zipped up and attached the NVMe driver file below.

Maybe it will help.

When you boot from the W7 DVD, are you able to at least get to the part of the installation that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows?

You can unzip the files I attached  and copy them to a USB flash drive.

Then select the Load Driver option and browse to the USB flash drive with the drivers.

If you check the box to only include the compatible driver, that should allow you to proceed to install W7 if all goes well.

HP Recommended

Thanks! but when i select hide drivers that are not compatible with this version of windows nothing appears, can you send me the one for my sk hynix bc501 ssd please? Thank you!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I would have no idea where to find the driver if one exists.

Besides the NVMe controller you are looking for would be an Intel one.

The file I attached probably doesn't support your platform as I would expect.

It was just a long shot that didn't pay off.

HP Recommended

after hours of searching i finally find the nvme driver, now i inserted it and installed windows 7, the only problem is my keyboard and mouse don't work, can you help me?

HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the info at the link below is of help to you...

https://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/419144-drivers-usb-3-1-windows-7-a.html

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.