Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-P0070
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I went to update the BIOS to F.43 as per the HP Support tool, and immediately after restart received the error 

Recovery

Error code 0xc000000e

The first issue was a required device isn't connected, then next was File:\\windows\system32\winload.efi with that error code.

I attempted to reapply the BIOS using HP recovery, Firmware Maintenance, it failed.  Even using a USB.  Kept saying there was no signature file, and with USB it applied but came up to the same blue Recovery screen.

I did a restore of Win 10, it could not finish.  I did a repair of Win 10, not a full restore, it also failed.

I have to go into BIOS, turn off Secure Boot Manager, Disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Support, and allow it to boot to the HDD.  This was the only way I could get to my desktop, which tells me the failure of the BIOS update corrupted the UEFI settings which means I have to bypass them.  Not sure if I should just leave it as it is or try to use Secure Boot/UEFI settings - I have had nothing but heartache using them.  Any ideas, let me know, short of a full repartition/reload of Win 10.

Of course my warranty ended 2 weeks ago.   

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dapreesta3856 Recovery Error code 0xc000000e

Your PC needs to be repaired, indicates a hardware failure or an incorrect drive configuration,

Let's perform a power reset as per HP standards:

Ensure your device is OFF.

Unplug all the external devices (If any).

Disconnect the power from the computer

Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.

Connect the power supply

Press the power button to turn on your device and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, after the above steps, try the below:

To recover an earlier version of the BIOS on your computer:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. With the computer off, press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time.

3. Still pressing those keys, press and hold the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen displays or you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

NOTE: 

If the key presses do not work, press and release the Power button, and then immediately, press the Windows and B keys at the same time, repeatedly, until the computer beeps or opens the BIOS update screen.

The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything displays on the monitor. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

HP BIOS Update screen showing a progress indicator

• If the HP BIOS Update screen displays proceed to the next step.

• If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, do one of the following depending on the condition:

• Computer starts into Windows: The computer starts into Windows if the power button and keys are released too soon. Repeat the previous steps, holding the power button down for 2 or 3 seconds.

• Power LED light turns off: The computer turns off if the power button is pressed and held down too long. Repeat the previous steps, holding the power button down for between 2 and 3 seconds.

• After repeated attempts, the HP BIOS Update screen does not open: Your computer does not support this function or it has a hardware problem that is preventing the tool from opening.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 4 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.