Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
27 K300a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I removed the back from my HP 27 K300a AIO to clean the dust out. I didn't touch or replace any hardware. After the back was put back on the Bios screen appears asking to press F1 every time on startup. I noticed it loses time and I have replaced the battery to see if this was the issue, however, the F1 prompt still appears.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dbelfield Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are having to press F1 every time that you start the system to continue to boot.

Generally, this should happen only once when you make a hardware change or clear the CMOS. If it is continuous, this indicates that something may not have been connected or re-seated properly when you change the case. Could it be possible that the RAM or the RTC battery may not be fully engaged? Have you taken a look at all connections to ensure that everything is fully seated/attached? Is the date and time in the PC correct?

You might try to restore your BIOS default settings to see if this might resolve the issue. Also, do you have any bangs in the Device Manager?

To perform the BIOS recovery, follow the below steps:

Press the Windows key and then followed by the key "B" this time and then the power button for around 3-4 seconds, then release the power button and continue to hold windows+B for 3-4 seconds more.

If you really would like to disable your post messages, you can go into your BIOS, under the Advanced tab, select Power-On Options and disable your Post Messages and disable your Bypass F1 Prompt on Configuration Changes.

I hope this helps.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks for that. 

I have tried to reset the bios but no change and disabling the post messages doesn't work either. 

The system time is lost at shut down. I have replaced the battery and checked its in properly. Ram is secure.

Still no change.

Cheers

HP Recommended

@dbelfield

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.