Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DESKTOP-9RSKANE
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

SMART HARD DRIVE DETECTS IMMINENT FAILURE

FAILING DRIVE: SATA0

FAILING ATTRIBUTE #B8

F2 - HARD DRIVE TEST

PROCESSOR CHECK: PASSED

HARD DRIVE SMART CHECK: FAIL

FAILURE ID: 60E09H-7SP8Q5-GXPSMG-60C203

PRODUCT ID: F3E94AA#ABA

HARD DRIVE: 1

SYSTEM EXTENSIVE TEST: FAILED

Please help. From what I have found, I guess my hard drive is failing. I don't understand why, my all-in-one computer is less than 2 years old and I only use it for personal use. Where should I go from here? I don't have much on my computer to back up, and I can't find if there even is an actual back-up. Is the no recovery from this? Please help, I don't know much about computers. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@kbritton09, welcome to the forum.

Here is a guide to help you test the hard drive.  If the drive has failed you should replace it with a drive the same size or larger to assure that the Recovery media works properly.  Also, here is the Upgrading and Servicing Guide for the AIO.  Beginning on Page 15 is shows how to replace the Hard Drive.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hilfe..................

PC startet nicht mehr auf. Schwarzer Bildschirm. Fehlermeldung: 1720-Smart Hard drive imminent failure, SATA0, attribute # B8, Nach F1 aufstarten i.O. und alles normal.

Was ist die Ursache? Was kann ich tun?

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Community.

German: HP Gemeinschaft
Spanish: HP Comunidad
French: HP Communauté
Portuguese: HP Comunidade
Chinese: HP 社区
Korean: HP 커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.