Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 570
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

In just the past year one of my "fans" is not working properly. However, the computer still operates normally after shutting down. I called HP today, and ran Hardware Diagnostics. Under System Information,, one of the choices is "Fan", I click on that and it says "no Fan Found".  How is that possible?  It is hard to get a hold of "Geek Squad" at Best Buy these days, just to ask a question.  I will have to have them assist me. However, has anyone experienced this before?  my computer is only 3 years old and I like it. but the warranty ran out after 1 year. thank you for any advise. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

You probably have a CPU fan and one chassis fan. Have you removed the side panel when the PC is on to check the fans? Does this error message agree with reality?

The PC would not boot if the CPU fan failed. I am not sure what you mean by "However, the computer still operates normally after shutting down". Are you saying you see an error message but the PC works okay after shutting down and restarting the PC?

I would restore the BIOS to defaults to see if this helps. Or pull the motherboard CR2032 battery when the PC is off and disconnected from AC power , let the PC sit for about 10 minutes to reset CMOS. Then reinstall or replace this battery.

You might have to replace a fan if the error message is correct. Or you may have a motherboard fan sensor problem if the error message is false.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello, Thank you for your reply...the earlier message is what happened when I did the diagnostics test....

One I did updates...the 'error went away". Then came back. The blue screen only shows up for a minute and dissappears. I was able to see that the error message was on the fan 90B error.

I went to Best Buy, they do not sell any fans that go to my Pavillion 570. They suggested buying the dusting spray. I just did that. Started up my PC twice,  no issues. I am confused on which fan would be giving me the issue. There is a large plastic black fan in the back. And a very tiny little one more on the inside.  Which one would I be concerned with.  I read in abother chat someone else had the same issue with the same model. Funny how after two or three years right after the warranty ends, that this would happen.  Are these fans defective?.

HP Recommended

20210117_134434.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi

The image shows the chassis fan. Does this fan spin when you start the PC?

The little fan must be the CPU fan attached to the CPU heatsink. Does this fan run when you start the PC?

One of the fans is failing or the MB sensors are incorrectly detecting a false condition.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.