Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harquin
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Fan not operating correctly on tower ....

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop 570-p041
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Upon starting I get a pop-up window stating the the fan is not operating correctly and continued operation is not recommended. Overriding that, after starting up there's a continuous whirring sound.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,872 4,806 533 2,082
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

do not give S/N

edit and delete number

but it's good  P / n:
Z5M65AA

570-p041 PC Product Specifications

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,872 4,806 533 2,082
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
if the pc is guaranteed I advise you to contact the seller, or SAV HP service directly !

Phone Assist Worldwide | HP
If the pc is no longer guaranteed, you will have to open the pc, check if the fan is not full of dust, clean it!
Check open computer, operation of fans if noise suspect where exactly it comes from.
It may be necessary to replace a fan if it does not operate normally !

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
harquin
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help and suggestion Promethee! The model is: Pavilion Desktop 570-p041. I'm not sure whether the "P/N" is the same thing as the "S/N?" That number is: [edit]. Unfortunately the CPU is out of warranty - I purchased this in 2017 - however, I will follow your instructions and clean out the inside and hope for the best! Happy New Year (Bon Anee?) to you as well!

0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,872 4,806 533 2,082
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

do not give S/N

edit and delete number

but it's good  P / n:
Z5M65AA

570-p041 PC Product Specifications

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation