cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Full image backup od disk

HP Recommended
Pavilion p6733w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My goal is to complete a full image backup of the disk on this machine.

I’ m using backup software Macrium Reflect this software schedules the backup and has a feature to wake up the machine if it is turned off.

Is this machine wake on LAN (WoL) capable?

What steps are needed to configure the machine to allow it to wake-on-LAN so the backup software runs as scheduled?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,382 6,367 606 1,399
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you doing operating system backups to NAS?

HP may include BIOS network boot options in the Security Menu.

I don't know if a consumer PC is going to work with saving operating system images to NAS.

Could be sticking my foot in mouth. Never tried this on a consumer PC.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
27,165 27,093 2,475 5,876
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Edgar47 

Personally, I would advise against doing what you plan to do.

First, the network speed is going to dramatically affected the backup duration.  I regularly do 20 GB backups to a local SSD in 15 minutes or less, but if you're doing backups of an entire PC, say 80GB or more, and you're doing that over a 1GB network, you could be looking at HOURS of time.

Second, MR will not keep the PC awake to run the backup if you have it set to sleep or hibernate.  So, you are running the risk of having the machine shut down before the backup is finished.

Third -- here is an article from the MR forums about using a NAS:  https://forum.macrium.com/Topic10440.aspx

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation