4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Getting rid of a notification flag that does not seem to apply

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0057naUK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All the HP support pages, such as this one, or https://support.hp.com/gb-en, show a flagged notification (bell or megaphone icon) which pops up a box reading:

Information 

Fix and resolve Windows 10 update issue on HP Computer or Printer. Click here

Clicking the link takes me to support pages about Windows 10 update but which don't identify any particular problem or issue. 

I am not aware of any problem on my computer. Does this notification suggest that there is, or is it just suggesting that if I do have a problem then perhaps some of the information on the linked pages might  be helpful? 

If I don't need it, how do I get rid of the red "1" dot on the icon - closing the notification box doesn't do anything?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,636 32,536 2,958 7,267
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LeonardW 

Sorry no one replied before this -- but that is just a generalized notification on the HP website and does not apply specifically to your PC.

Since it is for everyone, you can just ignore it.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,636 32,536 2,958 7,267
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LeonardW 

Sorry no one replied before this -- but that is just a generalized notification on the HP website and does not apply specifically to your PC.

Since it is for everyone, you can just ignore it.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
LeonardW
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. It is misleading to keep the flag "1" in a red dot on the notification icon even after I have read it.  These numbered dots conventionally show that there is something new, and it's irritating to open the notification box to find that it's the same old message. A bit like crying "wolf" - I might ignore it even when there is something new and important. ☹️

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation