Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having trouble getting Google Chrome to open on my HP Pavillion x360 laptop. I normally use Microsoft Edge, but some of my college finals require Google Chrome.

When I click Google Chrome to open, it starts to open, shows me a white window for a second, and then closes itself.

So far I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I have contacted Google and they were unable to help on this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Krispy123 

What I would strongly recommend is switching to the NEW Edge -- which is based on Chromium, the open-source version of Chrome.

You can get it from here:  New Chromium based Microsoft Edge

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Dear Krispy 123,

Lots of folks would pay good money for whatever you have that knocks-out Chrome; however ... being serious _

Maybe some antivirus/anti-spam/anti-malware application on your computer (even phone - if it is bluetooth linked) that is blocking the installation from running.

Easy solution is to trick it (change your outfit).

Two options = Avast Anti-virus or CCleaner

Why? both install their own Chrome browser (essentially identical to google), during the installation process ... and both are freeware programs/easy downloads (do internet keyword search and grab the program). After installing you can uninstall the parent program and the "Chrome browser' will remain there, unless you remove it separately.

Run the ??? Chrome program and see how it goes. Should work. Now download a new copy of google chrome and install it. That should work as well - because CCleaner and Advast are both fix/correct/repair/protect programs - that automatically clear blocks/errors as they install. They will remove/fix whatever it is that is blocking Chrome (unless you are in a place/country where the ISPs are blacklisted/blocked - at national node level, by government agencies). Advast and CCleaner will work, but Google won't (politics - not software or hardware faults).

Cheers,

Rick.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.