Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ELITE 800G1SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got refurb pc and yes i understand what that comes with and potential headaches, but this one has me stumped. I opended pc, looked ok. Examined everything then felt ok to proceed. As i went to plug display port adapter in display port...i couldnt get it in. I looked closer and noticed part of the metal framing is in the thruway to the port meaning it obstructs a small portion of the connection port . So i dont think this is a major deal or a deal breaker in itself. Any ideas. I havent done a thing yet but power the pc on to see if we are ok there. Ive contacted seller and awaiting response. Any helpful guidance would be so so greatly appreciated. TY. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MRAllinone 

Couple of possibilities spring to mind ...

First, motherboard is not aligned correctly in the case, causing part of the port to be obscured by the openings in the back.

Second, motherboard is not the model that came with this case, so the one in there has the wrong jacks for the openings in the back.  If this is the situation, you will have to enlarge the opening yourself as I doubt the refurb seller is going to fix the case.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank You very much not sure what im going to do. Ill await the seller, thne proceed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.