Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've tried looking everywhere but nothing fixes my issue. I've recently gotten an Xbox 360 controller I've wanted to use on my pc for a while but it just won't work. I've fixed everything else including the PCI Simple Communications Controller. I'm just hoping this will work on something. Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for the PCI Serial Port...

This package contains the Intel Local Management Service (LMS) and Serial-over-LAN (SOL) support for Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) for the supported desktop models and operating systems. This software is part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45367.exe

HP Recommended

Hello
you say have everything try, but precisely?
This is a link in French, but either it will be displayed in your language, or it will just be necessary to modify
But in any case, it is important to note that a pc under windows 10 must be compatible
After that does not work it is rather vague, say in addition, what you did, with what you tested, is it recognized as mention, not at all etc!

https://support.xbox.com/fr-FR/help/xbox-360/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows...

"Many PC games offer the option of playing with an Xbox controller rather than a keyboard or mouse. The Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows is easily installed on any PC with an available USB port and running Windows 10. "

If you're having trouble with your Xbox Wireless Controllers, this page can help you troubleshoot a number of controller issues. We can also help you replace a damaged controller if none of the above fixes the problem.

https://support.xbox.com/fr-FR/help/hardware-network/controller/wireless-controller-solution

Follow these steps to install your Xbox 360 wired controller in Windows 10:

Connect the Xbox 360 controller to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the computer.
Windows 10 automatically installs the drivers for your controller, so you don't have to download or install any software other than Windows 10 updates. Once you've received the notification that the drivers have been installed, you can use your controller.
Open a game or the Xbox app and test your controller by pressing a button, pulling a trigger, or manipulating a stick.

Things to consider:

If the Xbox 360 Wired Controller is not detected by your PC, try connecting it to a different USB port and then test it again
If your controller still isn't working properly, make sure Windows 10 is up to date. Install all updates and then try again.
To learn how to configure the Xbox 360 controller for a specific game, see the game's documentation.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.