Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-27-2020 01:49 AM
Hi, I have a problem with HP 280 G1 MT.
I was upgrading the bios and now I can't start the BIOS.
Black screen, keyboard no lights. Im trying Win + B and but, keybord isnt responding.
Im heared 8 beep code sometimes, but after a minute there will be no bios on the monitor.
Can you give me please advice?
03-27-2020 05:39 AM - edited 03-27-2020 06:23 AM
03-27-2020 06:25 AM
You have a Personal Computer, the links cover your situation to a certain extent.
- With the computer off, press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time.
- Still pressing those keys, press and hold the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen displays or you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).
- If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, do one of the following depending on the condition:
- Computer starts into Windows: The computer starts into Windows if the power button and keys are released too soon. Repeat the previous steps, holding the power button down for 2 or 3 seconds.
- Power LED light turns off: The computer turns off if the power button is pressed and held down too long. Repeat the previous steps, holding the power button down for between 2 and 3 seconds.
- After repeated attempts, the HP BIOS Update screen does not open: Your computer does not support this function or it has a hardware problem that is preventing the tool from opening.
- One (1) VGA
- One (1) DVI-D
is where the problem is?
I cannot offer anything else with the info you have so far supplied.