Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200 CMT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently upgraded my HP Compaq 8200 CMT to BIOS V2.28.  Is there a more current BIOS versions available?  Is there a tabulation of the changes each BIOS version provides?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, there are newer updates but since you are running W10, if you update the BIOS to a newer version, it will take over 2 minutes for the PC to restart from a warm boot.

You can find the BIOS updates at the link below and the revision history at the bottom of the webpage.

Use the F10 Setup DOS flash method to update the BIOS, since none of the updates were written to be run in W10.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-compaq-8200-elite-convertible-minitowe...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, there are newer updates but since you are running W10, if you update the BIOS to a newer version, it will take over 2 minutes for the PC to restart from a warm boot.

You can find the BIOS updates at the link below and the revision history at the bottom of the webpage.

Use the F10 Setup DOS flash method to update the BIOS, since none of the updates were written to be run in W10.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-compaq-8200-elite-convertible-minitowe...

HP Recommended

Thanks, Paul.  That was precisely what I was looking for.  I'll take your advice and stick with 2.28.

Latke

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Latke.

HP Recommended

I have two Hp 2800 CMT both originally running bios 2.06.  I upgraded one of them to 2.28 and it no longer will boot from a bootable external usb hard drive.  I know rolling back to earlier bios is "restricted."   How restricted is it?  Is there any way to get back to an earlier bios version?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no way to roll back the BIOS to an earlier version that I know of.

I can boot from a USB flash drive in my 8200 Elite CMT's, both running W10 and BIOS v2.28.

Make sure the legacy boot options menu is enabled in the BIOS, and I boot the USB flash drive from the top USB port in the CMT.

I have never tried booting from a USB portable hard drive though.

HP Recommended

Well, I upgraded to 2.33 and the initial delay from boot was longer.  One thing I did change what to at 15 seconds post delay (Advanced/Power On Options/Post Delay) so hitting escape is not longer a guessing game.

Also converted to UEFI and now I can boot from my external hard drive.

HP Recommended

Glad you were able to get it to work.

I had read that if you installed W10 in UEFI mode, it was supposed to get rid of the long delay on a warm boot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.