Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP-8300 CMT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone,

I have Hp-8300 CMT system with Intel i5-3470,  8-GB ram(4 x 2 dimms ) and Sapphire RX 560 4 GB.

Yesterday, I restarted my PC but it didn't give any display on the monitor. And after 20-30 seconds PSU fans started to make roaring noises like running at full speed.

I restarted many times but it didn't help. I also replaced RAMs and also removed GPU. None of it worked. I also checked all wires to make sure they were in place.

When, I removed all of the Rams, turning on gave beeps and red light , But putting them back (Even one after another) just didn't work.

And now, it isn't even starting. When I plug in power cable, only motherboard's LED glows yellow. But PC does not starts on pushing power button. None of the fans are now rotating anymore. I have tried removing HDD and rams but nothing is working.

As all of us are quarantined, it is unbearable to see myself going through it without my PC.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Abdullah_Sheikh 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

The beeps and red light with no memory sticks inserted is to be expected -- that's telling you there is no system memory.  But after you inserted them, even one, the PC should have rebooted without issue.

Hate to ask this -- but were you wearing a Grounding Strap, attached to a grounded metal surface, when you were handling the RAM sticks?  My guess, since no one today knows to do this, is NOT.  And in that case, there is a very good chance that you shorted out the RAM sticks.

You would need to try them in a different PC to see if they are bad.  You can buy specific RAM testing devices, but they are expensive and hard to come by these days.

You would also need to get a Grounding Strap, attach it to your wrist, and try a new RAM stick that is known to work.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.