cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abdullah_Sheikh
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP-8300 CMT not powering ON , only MOBO LED glows.

HP Recommended
HP-8300 CMT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone,

I have Hp-8300 CMT system with Intel i5-3470,  8-GB ram(4 x 2 dimms ) and Sapphire RX 560 4 GB.

Yesterday, I restarted my PC but it didn't give any display on the monitor. And after 20-30 seconds PSU fans started to make roaring noises like running at full speed.

I restarted many times but it didn't help. I also replaced RAMs and also removed GPU. None of it worked. I also checked all wires to make sure they were in place.

When, I removed all of the Rams, turning on gave beeps and red light , But putting them back (Even one after another) just didn't work.

And now, it isn't even starting. When I plug in power cable, only motherboard's LED glows yellow. But PC does not starts on pushing power button. None of the fans are now rotating anymore. I have tried removing HDD and rams but nothing is working.

As all of us are quarantined, it is unbearable to see myself going through it without my PC.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,646 32,546 2,958 7,270
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Abdullah_Sheikh 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

The beeps and red light with no memory sticks inserted is to be expected -- that's telling you there is no system memory.  But after you inserted them, even one, the PC should have rebooted without issue.

Hate to ask this -- but were you wearing a Grounding Strap, attached to a grounded metal surface, when you were handling the RAM sticks?  My guess, since no one today knows to do this, is NOT.  And in that case, there is a very good chance that you shorted out the RAM sticks.

You would need to try them in a different PC to see if they are bad.  You can buy specific RAM testing devices, but they are expensive and hard to come by these days.

You would also need to get a Grounding Strap, attach it to your wrist, and try a new RAM stick that is known to work.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation