Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One-22-b029na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hey,

I have an HP All-in-One-22-b029na Computer After some days i was updating bios of my computer and suddenly my computer charger was unpluged i repluged the charger and their was an error that the bios has been corrupted i tool the computer to a repairing shop and they said the bios chip will be reprogrammed it fixed the issue, but now there was another problem that all the data stored in the bios was deleted like the model name, SKU Number, serial number and HP logo was missing. When i turn on my computer it says Manufacture programming Mode is in unlock Mode and when i try to enter bios it says Setup Bios when i enter any random Password it directly loades  up the windows and i have Also tried Bios Boot Configuration tool and when i try to set the config.txt file on cmd it says password is set Please Help Me.

Regards,

Syed [Personal Information Removed]

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SyedR678 

I'm assuming this repair place was not an HP repair center, right? 

HP does not reprogram BIOS chips and in having this done, you are in a very serious situation which you have brought on yourself.

There is no way that you, or the place you took the PC to, can correct this.  You would have to pay HP do do this and they will charge you dearly for it -- even IF they will do it.

Since you live outside the U.S., here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: https://support.hp.com/in-en/service-center

If that link does not provide you sufficient information, then use the main HP link:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Yes it was not HP center they have purchased bios file from the HP to reprogram the chip so after reprogramming the chip HP logo was missing and it says mantufacture programming mode is in unlock mode and I can’t enter in boot menu it says enter enter setup password what to do

HP Recommended

@SyedR678 

After reprogramming the BIOS the firmware will have to undergo more changes -- and only HP can do this.

As I said, you would have to contact HP to see about getting this done and only HP can comment on that further.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.