Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Cloud Recovery Failure

HP Envy -TE01-075xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried repeatedly to create an HP restore USB drive with the HP Recovery Tool but every time it's about finished, I get an error saying something to the effect that it "failed to extract image".

How can I get this to work?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
114,614 104,792 16,540 25,378
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the recovery drive you made using the cloud recovery tool didn't work, you can clean install W10.

Use the media creation tool at the link below to make a bootable USB W10 installation flash drive, using another Windows PC.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

When you get to the screen that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows,' delete every partition on the hard drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space. Click Next, and W10 should install.

After W10 installs, you can install the drivers and available software from the PC's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-te01-0000-desktop-pc-series/29014358

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

Are you saying that the HP Cloud Recovery tool is just backing up Windows10 and not also the programs HP loaded onto your computer that you bought?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
114,614 104,792 16,540 25,378
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The Cloud recovery tool does restore your PC's hard drive to its 'Out of the box' condition with the OS, drivers and software that originally came with your PC.

But if it isn't working, I know of no way to get it to work.

So your option is to have an expensive doorstop, or a working PC using the alternative method to reinstall W10.

You will not have some of the HP programs that came with the PC using the clean install method.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation