Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp omen obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new desktop had OS corruption and also unable to recover. HP send me recovery usb and i tried to recover , it did pass all initial stage and started copying the files and towards the end of installation it failed stating Restore could'nt complete When worked with tech support , they didnt have any clear answer and asked me to use standard Microsoft  recovery  USB, which was successfull, however i had to install all drivers and lost some of the free software came with Desktop. Any help on fixing recovery/resinstallation using HP cloud recovery USB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I think i found the issue. the installation will fail if you are connected to Internet. I removed the network cable and everything went fine this time with same USB media send by HP..

thanks all

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

HP sent a USB Recovery stick based on your PCs product or serial number. The USB stick could be faulty, or the wrong version, or you have added internal hardware. Only connect keyboard, monitor, and mouse to the PC when you try the recovery.

You can try to create your own Cloud Recovery media by following instructions at this HP Support site (Link).

This is all I can tell you. HP Recovery media should work.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I did create a new recovery media  using HP cloud recovery tool and it also gave exact same error. This seems some specific scripts in the recovery media causing the installation fails towards end. 

HP Recommended

Hi Kpr,

You're very welcome.

Well, at least you can install W10 using Microsoft installation media.

Regards

HP Recommended

I think i found the issue. the installation will fail if you are connected to Internet. I removed the network cable and everything went fine this time with same USB media send by HP..

thanks all

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.