Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: HP Omni 100 PC
Other

Hello HP Community, Recently my HP All in One Desktop has just stopped working. I've had this computer for over 4 years of my life and have never had a problem with HP Products in general. I have tried restarting it multiple times, unplugging and plugging the power supply, plugging it up somewhere else, pressing non stop buttons and holding for five or more seconds much like everyone keeps saying and nothing has worked!! It has been a black screen for a couple of months now and the fan sounds like it's working but it won't display anything on the screen or even a LED light. It has really taken over my life since I have to do online work due to COVID-19 and it has made me really want to just throw it away because it doesn't work anymore. I don't know what else to do and I've tried EVERY LAST SOLUTION. I mean the thing just won't even turn on anymore. I need a real solution or else I will never buy another one of these computers again if I know it'll do the same thing to me in the future. I am dying without this computer!!!! And in dire need for help with this thing!!!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Unknownfan24
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community

This sounds like hardware related issue with the computer as it's not powering on. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for answering my post and taking the time to help me figure out the solution. I have clicked on the link but only get sent back to the community homepage and I have typed my computer information into the search bar multiple times and there does not seem to be a solution on any page at all. I did speak to your virtual agent and she said she could not help me with my issue or I had to rephrase the question.  Since it is Covid-19, most locations to send my computer to a help center are too far out and are closed in my area. As much as I appreciate you sending the link, I am still stuck at square one with this computer that remains black with a working fan but won't come on. I do apologize if the issue seems hopeless but I'm starting school online soon and this computer is all I have. I just wish there was something more I could do at the moment. 

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Spoiler
I don't see why this is marked as "Accepted Solution"?  It did not solve their issue and I am having the same.  About a month ago the printer, product# CF145A, stopped responding or waking when a wireless job was sent to que.  I have enabled then disabled Shut Down multiple times, unplugged power multiple times.  Issue still persists.

The link you provided basically takes me back to Community since my printer is no longer under warranty.  I am sure this is a software issue as a result of updates.  Seems HP should be responsible for coming up with a fix...
HP Recommended

LH58,

The 'Accepted solution' was a glitch on my laptops part due to the fact it was running slow and stupid and I forgot to go back and take it off. I agree 100% that Hp should be responsible for coming up with a fix for both issues happening to the HP products but your luck is as good as mine when it comes to them actually giving an accurate solution as to why they are just up and stopping the way they are. My warranty has gone out as well on my desktop and as far as I know, there is really nothing I can do for my desktop at this point since it's still black and running a fan besides just getting a new computer. Sorry for the misunderstanding and I wish you the best in finding a solution for your Hp product as well. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.