Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 550-103na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to recycle the computer but it's refusing to reset, I go to recovery>Reset this PC>>remove everything>>all drives>remove files and clean device>

and instantly it tells me "there was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made

I tried typing recovery into the search and entered the HP recovery manager environment, went through all the stops and same response. refuses to reset, Don't know what to do, any fixes? Absolutely infuriating because I've used the thing under 10 times.

Tried this repeatedly, let it do it's stupid update and restarted the thing. Turned it off at the wall etc etc. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer if the PC won't reset, would be to clean install W10 as follows...

If it were me and I was recycling/selling the PC, I would delete all partitions on the hard drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space, and then let W10 install.

With another Windows PC, use the W10 Media Creation tool to clean install W10, if your PC is not working.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The tool will give you the option of creating a bootable USB installation flash drive, or save an ISO file which you can burn to a DVD.

You will need an 8 GB flash drive for the bootable USB flash drive method.  If installing from a DVD, you will need to go into the BIOS, enable legacy mode and disable secure boot.  The PC won't boot from a DVD unless you change those BIOS settings.   See this link for more info...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03659945

After W10 installs, you don't need to go through the steps to set it up for the first time.

Press and hold the power button to shut down the PC, and the new user can set up W10 for their use after they boot it up.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately this isn't an option, I don't have another computer and no possible access to borrow one. I managed to get it to wipe all of the apps using another setting, once it restarted I tried to reset it again and got the same error message. I just don't understand the problem. Must be incredibly poor quality from HP as I bought this 2 years ago and have had it switched on for a total of about a week using Word and Excel, so I very much doubt it's been infected in any way and it's always had virus protection. I'm furious it won't perform this simple function with no explanation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.