Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 27 b150na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. Last year I bought a refurbished HP envy 27 (b150na) from HP and because of a  problem in configuration, HP support assistant thought it was another machine (a Pavllion). Finally I got to hp and they corrected the problem so that assistant agrees with my envy 27.

The problem is that until the point I fixed the problem,  I was getting conflicting update reports about BIOS update which of course I could never install.

So I went my self in hp support pages and found out that the correct bios for my envy with system board 82F311 was F.33.

I installed and everything was and is running fine.

Today HP support assistant proposed a new update for my BIOS, called F77 (SP10545 BIOS F.70 for ROM Family 82FD)

I try to install it but it says that it is older than what I already have and it leaves me only with option to copy it to usb but not install.

And a very weird thing. If I go into my model database in HP, it shows latest BIOS update for the family 82F311 to be F.34!

I cannot understand what is going on.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes - That's pretty common for a mainboard series to have more than one SSID. It may mean that some support intel CPU others AMD cpu, or some have dedicated onboard GFX such as nVidia and some don't.

So don't worry about there being more than one SSID in the family.

You should only be concerned about your specific SSID. Don't try to install BIOS updates for a different SSID. It will brick your motherboard.

HPSA can be, and generally is very hit-and-miss. I've had HPSA say no BIOS update available, yet there is if I seek it out manually on the HP website. I've also had it where the HP website lists a certain 'latest version' yet HPSA lists an ever newer version.

I would just check back periodically on the HP website for any updates for 82F3.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@dascavar

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

This could be an issue from the back end with the wrong BIOS been linked to your computer model

If the HPSA identifies that you already have the latest drivers or BIOS, do not go ahead and forcefully install other drivers or BIOS

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank for you answer. Maybe my clarification that follows will add some more insight.

When I changed the bios the first time I chose the version through the hp support page for my exact  model. It had nothing to do with hpsa (and the wrong model hpsa thought my machine was) 

yesterday, (with all model identity problems solved) again, when I tried to instal the bios that hpsa offered and was rejected by machine, I went to the support page for my model and it proposed another version of newer bios that hpsa did.

you understand my confusion. 

HP Recommended

It seems that you're talking about two different SSID's - 82F3 and 82FD.

I couldn't find any model called 27-b150na, but I did find 27-b105na, so I'm assuming that's what you meant.

There is only one SSID for that model, and it's 82F3

82FD is for these models:
HP Pavilion Wave 600-a1xx Desktop
HP Pavilion Wave 600-a2xx Desktop
HP Pavilion Wave 600-a3XX Desktop

Check in either BIOS or the F2 UEFI DIAGS for system information. Check the Family SSID there. Which one is it?

I was going to say that it is possible to put in a mainboard for another (incorrect) SSID and update the DMI/Tattoo with the correct info, but it looks like 82FD is a tower desktop and yours is an AiO in which case the mainboards are totally incompatible. Also check that the system information (Feature Byte, Build ID etc..) matches the sticker on the underside of the base.

In summary - Regardless what model is in the tattoo, your mainboard is what the SSID says it is in BIOS.

HP Recommended

Thank you Hibb1.

Yes, the family is 82F3

My HPSA model says (HP ENVY 27-b150na All-In-One PC)

But look at the Proposed BIOS stated in the support page for the whole model series b100 (HP ENVY 27-b100 All-in-One Desktop PC series) which I gues my pc falls under,

at this address https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-27-b100-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/138235...:

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 82F3)                   F.34 Rev.A 9.3 MB Dec 9, 2019
HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8307)                   F.15 Rev.A 8.9 MB Dec 24, 2019
HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8308)                   F.15 Rev.A 8.8 MB Dec 24, 2019
HP Consumer Desktop PC HIGOS BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8309)      F.24 Rev.A 11.8 MB Dec 4, 2019

It is weird because as you can see as the ROM family changes even in the official page. However, my bios blue screen says 82F3!

HP Recommended

Yes - That's pretty common for a mainboard series to have more than one SSID. It may mean that some support intel CPU others AMD cpu, or some have dedicated onboard GFX such as nVidia and some don't.

So don't worry about there being more than one SSID in the family.

You should only be concerned about your specific SSID. Don't try to install BIOS updates for a different SSID. It will brick your motherboard.

HPSA can be, and generally is very hit-and-miss. I've had HPSA say no BIOS update available, yet there is if I seek it out manually on the HP website. I've also had it where the HP website lists a certain 'latest version' yet HPSA lists an ever newer version.

I would just check back periodically on the HP website for any updates for 82F3.

HP Recommended

You were right. I also spoke with hp and they told to install F34 which was in envy 27 support page as latest bios for the exact family bios. They also told me to reinstall hpsa and after that everything went back to normal. Than you for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.