2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HP EX920 SSD 512GB Hard Drive SMART Check failed

HP Recommended
HP EX920 SSD 512GB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just got blue screen in my desktop Prodesk 600G3, when reboot it got Hard drive SMART check failed :

NVME SSD(313)

after run SMART tesk, it show the Failure ID: 6CF9UW-916A27-NH10RF-609703

The SSD is EX920 512GB.

Anyone have idea on it?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,963 10,959 1,020 3,110
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Typically that means the drive needs to be replaced and reinstall Windows.  That disc has a 1 year warranty, is it newer than that?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Slimerang
Level 1
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the 1TB version of this drive that has also failed. The drive has a 3 year warranty according to the sticker on it. HP's website is worthless for getting support on this item. Just run me around in circles.EX920 LabelEX920 Label

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,963 10,959 1,020 3,110
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I see the sticker does say 3 year limited warranty.  If you cannot get satisfaction on the website, try getting in touch with them on the phone.  Establish the claim with them, assuming you have a receipt. 

HP support can be reached from the Chat or on email on this site

https://support.hp.com/us-en

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Slimerang
Level 1
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It took 54 minutes to get to a broken English agent on a very bad quality connection but I got an answer on how to obtain warranty service. Send an email to support@multipointe.com detailing your issue(s). I got the following form back from them the next day so if you send it initially that would probably accelerate your claim a bit:

Warranty Form

Please fill and confirm the information below. Also, please attached a purchase invoice of the defective item.

Customer Shipping Information: (must be a North American address)

Name: 
Address: 
Tel:

Defective Product Information:

Product Number: 
Serial Number: 
Reason: 

System Information:

Operating System:

System/Motherboard Brand:

Model:

Processor:

RAM:

PowerSupply:

An RMA# will be provided after the information has been reviewed. Issued RMA# will have details and instructions on where to send the defective drive.

Thanks,

Support

Customer Support | Multipointe Channel Solutions
HP SSD – North America

Office: 9am-5pm PST
Email: support@multipointe.com

I'll update as my case progresses. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Chadwick3
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm not sure the warranty still available or not, is it have global warranty?

0 Kudos
Slimerang
Level 1
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got my RMA # yesterday so I'm going to mail it out today. Process appears to be working like I think it should.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation