Arslan11
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP LP2475w horizontal line across the screen about 3"

HP Recommended
HP LP2475w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP LP2475w that I use with my pc, now has a thin black horizontal line across the screen about 3" down from the top.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,617 32,517 2,957 7,264
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Arslan11 

What you are describing is the result of video hardware failing -- but it could be the screen (most likely), the video chip or video cable -- both less likely.

You would need to swap in different monitor to see if that has the same issue.  IF it does not, it's the original monitor.  IF it does, then try swapping in a different video cable. IF it still does not repeat, it's the video chip in the PC. and if you're connected to the onboard video jack, that means the motherboard is failing and you would have to add a video card of your own to get proper video back.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation