Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elitedesk 800
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Is there a way to find out the MAC address of a new computer from the online information of the station, does HP provide this with the serial number of a computer?  Thank you.  I can do this once unboxed and plugged in howerver to streamline a process I am wondering if this information is already provided?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@COMH

Curious, is this the same HP EliteDesk 800 about which you inquired last year?

This sort of information used to be more easily accessible.  These days, the information is not provided on the box or paperwork as a simple means of making it more difficult for thieves to gain access to your information and devices.

The answer is that you want to boot the system onto your network.

Once the system is on the network, you can use tools from the Internet to seek out the MAC address of any computer / device detected.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@COMH

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

As far as I know, HP has no online record of Mac addresses associated with individual PCs.

Sorry.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@COMH

Curious, is this the same HP EliteDesk 800 about which you inquired last year?

This sort of information used to be more easily accessible.  These days, the information is not provided on the box or paperwork as a simple means of making it more difficult for thieves to gain access to your information and devices.

The answer is that you want to boot the system onto your network.

Once the system is on the network, you can use tools from the Internet to seek out the MAC address of any computer / device detected.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you I was hoping there was an quick and easy way that this information might be attainable prior to unboxing the unit, however if this is the only then so be it.  Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.