Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 875-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Out computer is getting the blue screen on start up. From researching here, I have found that many Omen desktops apparently ran into this problem with the last windows update. 

But that is not our problem. The problem is we can't figure out the administrator password. We don't remember even setting one up and have tried everything we can think of.  We can't even start to fix the boot up issue until we get past this. Is there a default factory password? I have searched these forums and only found answers to laptops and none of those worked. I can't find anything on HP help site either.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you are referring to the BIOS password that doesn't even let you get into Windows...

There is a clear password jumper on the motherboard.

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c06124984

The problem is...there are no instructions as to what to do.

I would try this first...

Shut down and unplug the PC.

Remove the jumper from the clear password pins.

Plug in and turn on the PC.

Hopefully the password will be cleared.

Shut down and unplug the PC and return the jumper to the position you removed it from.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.