Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-255xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Evening,

I recently did a system restore to start fresh on my HP omen. I successfully did in all aspects with one exception the Optical Drive is not being recognized by my OS (windows 10). There is no CD/DVD-ROM drivers under the device manager. Power is still applied and indicated, and discs audibly spin when inserted. Troubleshooting thus far includes...

1. Unplugging/Verifying physical connections of optical drive inside tower.

2. Microsoft based CMD prompt to check registry for corrupt files and replace (DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc/scannow)

3. Updated all drivers/BIOS

4. Uninstalled ATAPI Controller (only one listed) and restarted

5. Followed the registry edit procedures, of note there is a file under ATAPI listed as Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\StartOverride

this seems strange...I did add the recommended controller0 file

6. Verified no upper or lower registry files existed in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi

7. Ensured IDE not selected in BIOS

Each step included subsequent restarts for troubleshooting to take effect, please help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.