Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bw0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When my laptop came back from having a new harddrive installed, HP Orbit was installed on it.  When I go to my android phone to google play to download the app there isn't one called HP Orbit.  Only HP Quickdrop with the same logo in it.  I can't get the two to work as HP Orbit is giving a numeric code and HP Quickdrop wants to scan a QR code.  What do I do to get this to work?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to uninstall HP Orbit on your phone and install HP Quickdrop on your Android phone, because HP Orbit has been superseded by HP Quickdrop.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  orbit is on my laptop and not my phone.  i can get the quickdrop on my phone but not my laptop.  Says i have to update to a different version of windows 10 and i'm not sure what that will do to my laptop.  So not going with it at this time unless someone can tell me it's safe to upgrade to a different version.  Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I forgot that I have the old HP Orbit apk file on my Samsung tablet.

I have zipped it up and attached it below.

Download, and unzip the file using Windows, and then you can plug your phone into your PC, copy the apk to your phone and install it.

You should probably uninstall the HP quickdrop app first before installing Orbit.

HP Recommended

Thank you so very much.  I will give it a try!  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.